What is it?
is an acronym for C
hains of H
uman Intelligence; towards E
fficiency and E
quity in Agro-Food T
rade along the trans-A
It amplifies the voice of value chain players (Transporters, Consumers, Growers, Officers from public and private agencies) by allowing them to communicate value chain shortcomings. The app also enables players to tap into chains of horticulture intelligence, which leads to better-informed decisions. This in turn reduces costs and increases profits for businesses, leads to lower market prices for consumers, fairer prices for growers, and better interventions by public and private agencies.
CHEETAH is developed by Ujuizi Laboratories, a spin-off company of the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), University of Twente, in collaboration with several other ICT experts.
Join CHEETAH and contribute your observations on the Ghanaian roads using our location-aware CHEETAH App! Download from the Google Play Store
to get started!
= ƒ(T, H, L, Dur, Rq)
, with T
= temperature, H
= humidity, L
= Light, Dur
= journey duration, and Rq
= Road pavement quality.
Dur is provided by Cheetah (crowd-sourced); T, H and L are derived from satellite data (Copernicus Sentinel-4 and MSG-3). Rq is provided by the smartphone motion sensor data (crowd-sourced).
Cheetah Food is obtaining crop-sourcing information from Copernicus Sentinel-2 land cover and crop phenology products. Market price information is partly crowd-sourced augmenting by existing third-party crop market value services.
- Fairer prizes for growers and transporters
- Lower market prices for consumers
- Road maintenance planning through Labor-intensive Public Works (subcontracting to local engineers)
- Crowd-sourcing such value chain information is cost-saving compared to traditional data collection techniques now in use to report barriers to regional trade (delays, bribes, bad road pavement conditions)
- Amplifies the voice of value chain players by allowing them to share value chain shortcomings (delays, bribes, unforeseen costs such as breakdown of vehicles due to bad road pavement conditions) to exact accountability from officials
- Gathers improved data on road pavement quality and post-harvest losses to help drive behavioral, policy and infrastructure improvements
- Provides on the ground intelligence to decrease unforeseen expenditure for traders
- Sourcing of food crops supported by ESA Copernicus Sentinels to improve business planning
Cheetah won the ESA Copernicus Masters App Challenge 2013!
+31 (0)6 29072718 (The Netherlands)
Write us at email@example.com